Earth Designs Sleeper Beds by Lazar
Lazar has always been focused on eco-conscious furniture--however this was recently brought to the forefront with the launch of their Earth Designs product line. Recycled and recyclable materials are used throughout the manufacturing process, including the frame, cushions, seating system, packaging and other materials. Non-toxic glue and water-based stains are also used. The sleepers within the Earth Designs line have also been drastically upgraded--and re-launched as the Every Night Sleepers. Each Every Night Sleeper includes a larger, better quality mattress than competitors offer in the market place--with an 8.5" thick pillow-top bed measuring 76" long as opposed to the 72" industry standard. The Every Night Sleeper mattress recently passed the Cornell Evaluation for a 10 year mattress standard--a first in the sleeper sofa industry!
There are no items to show. Please, change your search criteria and try again.
Talk with a Service Representative: (888) 922-7632
Looking for a specific size? View All Sizes
EveryNight Sleepers by Earth Designs from Lazar
Lazar offers eco-friendly advancements across their entire product base. However, the company recently launched an "Earth Designs" line which brings the environmentally-conscious factor to the forefront.
Lazar currently offers four sleeper sofa styles (in several sizes and configurations) in the Earth Designs line. In addition to the "precycling" efforts listed below, these styles, coined the "Every Night Sleepers", include upgraded "Cozy" mattresses and mechanisms to give any customer a slew of reasons to check out these great new sofa beds.
Every Night Sleeper Product Features:
- Mattresses are longer than other sleepers, at 76" instead of 72"
- Mattresses are thicker than other sleepers, at 8.5" instead of 5" - 6"
- 346 13-guage Bonnell coils; using Z-Spring Technology to allow 8" bed
- Passed Cornell Evaluation for 10 year mattress standard, extremely rare for a sofa bed mattress
- Premium mechanism with anti-tip feature, built-in headrest, and no bars will be felt
- Z-Springs and 1,200 denier polyester on sinuous deck for unparalleled seating comfort
- 5-year warranty and CFR 1633 compliant
Precycling refers to the method of reducing waste by avoiding the introduction of harmful materials or materials which cannot be recycled. The table below lists several components included in the Earth Design line in which Lazar utilizes precycling efforts.
- Frame made from FSC rated kiln-dried hardwood; No Formaldehyde; Water-based non-toxic glue; Recycled steel staples
- Cushions made from 100% recycled foam (30% soy-based)--wrapped in 100% recycled poly-fiber; Water-based and non-toxic glue
- Suspension system made from 100% recycled polyester suspension system; Recycled steel staples
- Packaging made from 100% recyclable plastics, cardboards, and wrapping; 100% recycled plastics; Water-based non-toxic glue.
- Other materials made from 100% recyclable post-consumer tack strips, padding, staples, and legs; 100% water-based stains and lowest V.O.C. content available sealers and lacquers.